Sunday, September 27, 2009

Paleo Challenge: Days #20 & #21

Well the challenge ends on Saturday. So, this was really the last full weekend that I had to make it through. On Saturday morning, I had an apple and some nuts and headed out the door to the gym. The WOD was:

With a Team of 4

As Many Reps As Possible in 20 Minutes:

Deadlift, for reps

Burpees, for reps

*RULES*

1. Only 2 persons working at one time

2. Score = combined total of reps for DL/Burpees


Our team managed a respectable 570 reps in 20 minutes. I wasn't as helpful as I would have liked to have been on the Burpees, but I did a respectable number of deadlifts at 95 lbs.

I went straight to the grocery store after that and found what are becoming the usual foods at our house. Lots of fruits and vegetables, eggs, meat, and nuts. Then I headed home and had a peach, some carrots, and some turkey for lunch.

About 3:00, I had a banana and some pecans and then Brig and I went out for dinner last night. We decided that the safest option was a steakhouse. I had an 8 oz. Filet Mignon with steamed broccoli and a side salad, though I had to pick off the croutons. We spent the remainder of the night in my most favorite of places - a book store. And now, I have all new reading material to distract me through this last week of deprivation.

Sunday morning was busy as usual. I grabbed a banana and some pecans before heading off to church. Lunch was a little turkey, two peaches, some nuts and some fresh veges. Dinner was steak (again - don't tell), spaghetti squash and grilled sweet red onions. I also had a little apple cider with which I figure is okay since the only ingredient on the label was apples.

My evening snack was a pear and some pecans.

The kids have school off tomorrow which will make the day a little harder, but I am amazingly busy the rest of the week and I hope it flies by. I am really craving a Chipotle burrito with that lime-cilantro rice in it about now.



No comments: