Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Paleo Challenge: Day #10

Hey, we're into double digits. I will live. This morning I woke up after a full 10 hours of sleep to a breakfast of applesauce, turkey and walnuts. It has been 4 days since the shopping trip and food is starting to get scarce. I went off to teach and had an interesting morning in my Math class. I am starting to believe that no matter how hard I try there will always be students that stubbornly refuse to learn. Still, that belief depresses me some, so I try not to actually go there.

Lunch was a salad of romaine lettuce, carrots, chicken, pecans, and purple grapes. As weird as the combination may sound, it was actually quite tasty. Then after carpools, homework and piano practice, and a fast snack of grapes and turkey we were off to the gym. The WOD today was so convoluted that I am forced to cut and paste it from the gym's website. Here it is:

21 KB Swings 53/35 lbs

100m Run

21 Pull-ups

100m Run Backwards

15 KB Swings

100m Run

15 Pull-ups

100m Run Backwards

9 KB Swings

100m Run

9 Pull-ups

100m Run Backwards

100m Bear Crawl to finish

Yeah. It wasn't as bad as it looks though. I finished up in 11 minutes 35 seconds.

Dinner was pork chops, the rest of the grapes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. I was able to stop at the grocery store this evening for some more fruit. Hooray. We now have pears and nectarines and strawberries in the house.

Evening snack was some fruit and nuts.

No comments: