Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Paleo Challenge: Day #3

So, you are probably all shocked that I am still doing this. But, yes, it's true. We are three whole days into the challenge and I am still on the bandwagon. Today was my first day of classes for this quarter. The students in my Wednesday morning seem to be a good bunch. There were a few absent, so I'll reserve final judgment until next week, but I am optimistic.

I am still struggling with a bit of a "sugar withdrawal headache." I made an executive decision that Tylenol would have to be Paleo if I was going to make it through class today. The workout this afternoon was very hard on me though. I felt faint a few times. I guess my body hasn't quite adjusted to the slower energy sources it is getting.

So, here's the rundown for today:

Sleep: 2 pts.

Do we even need to ask anymore? Have I ever not got at least 8 hours of sleep? My husband is not convinced that my sleeping patterns are normal. But, after many years of marriage, he has learned to accept certain things.

Breakfast: 1 pt.

A few slices of Deli Turkey
Some Almonds
Sliced Strawberries

Lunch: 1 pt.

Salad with:
Lettuce
Carrots
Walnuts
Mushrooms
Cucumbers
Pink Salmon
Sliced Strawberries
Plus, 3/4 cup of green grapes on the side.

Snack #1: 1 pt.

1 Nectarine
Turkey
Almonds

Crossfit WOD: 3 pts.

As many rounds as possible in 15 minutes:

5 Burpees
10 Kettlebell Swings
15 Wall Balls

I made it through 6 rounds plus a set of Burpees. It was a very hard workout for me.

Dinner: 1 pt.

Pork Loin
Veges - About a cup
1/4 avocado
1 banana

Snack #2: 1 pt.

Apple
Turkey
Walnuts

Total points for today: 10 pts.

No comments: