Sunday, September 13, 2009

Paleo Challenge: Day #7

So, I was in a rush to get to church on time this morning, which didn't happen anyway, but in my efforts, I had a very light breakfast - just a banana and a small handful of almonds. As a result, I was absolutely ravenous by the time I made it home. It didn't help that treats were being given out left and right at church. I really could have used a handful of those jelly beans.

So, here was what lunch was (in this order):

A sliced nectarine
Sliced Sirloin (leftovers) sauted with mushrooms.
A handful of Pecans
A handful of yellow baby tomatoes
Another sliced nectarine with a bunch of sliced strawberries.

I think I was having some blood sugar issues, because the only thing that sounded good and seemed satisfying was sweet. Luckily we have plenty of fruit in the house.

My afternoon snack was a bunch of pecans. I wasn't especially hungry after lunch.

Dinner was:

Sockeye Salmon
Butternut Squash
Mixed Veges (Carrots, Cauliflower, and Broccoli)

The butternut squash tasted very good to me. It has a slightly sweet flavor, which almost tasted like candy at this point in the game even though I hadn't added anything to it. I guess sweetness is a relative thing, since I'm sure if I were serving it with ice cream and cake, it probably wouldn't have gone as quickly as it did or at all.

I will admit that I have started to fantasize some about my post Paleo month first dinner. I am thinking either Chipotle or something with bread. Still, there are three more weeks to go, so I better not think too hard about it.

My evening snack was:

Walnuts
Turkey
Yellow Raspberries

I don't think I will have time to do a WOD tomorrow between Michael's speech therapy in the morning and teaching tomorrow evening, so unless some miraculous time shows up in my schedule, I will end up with gym time on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday again.

No comments: