Saturday, September 12, 2009

Paleo Challenge: Day #6

I am starting to feel better today. Really, I am. I woke up this morning to realize that we had basically no food in our house, so I grabbed an apple for breakfast and was off to the gym.

The WOD for today was interesting. We were in teams of three. Brig was up doing a scout thing, so I was on my own. Luckily I found two friends of similar skill level and we were off. The runs were all done together and the other was split up with one person working at the time.

400 m run
100 Sumo Dead Lift High Pulls (SDLHP)
100 Push-ups
400 m run
75 SDLHP
75 Push-ups
400 m run
50 SDLHP
50 Push-ups

Our team finished up in 24:11

After the gym, Michael was crying for pizza and I knew I wouldn't be able to go shopping until Brig got home (three boys and me in the grocery store is pretty scary) - so I made a compromise. We did go out to lunch, but we went to Chick-fil-a, where at least I knew I could find a Paleo option. So, for lunch, I had their Chargrilled Chicken and fruit salad minus the cheese and dressing. I also didn't add on the packet of granola they gave me. I was still hungry after finishing this and my water up and so I've been snacking all afternoon. We did have watermelon at home, but after Brig stepped in the door, I made the trek down the street to the Saturday Farmer's market. I came home with yellow raspberries, sweet habaneros, baby eggplant, baby yellow tomatoes and a various other peppers. My afternoon snack has mainly comprised of watermelon, yellow raspberries and sweet habaneros.

Before Dinner, we made our way to Meijer and now our house is full of food again and it is wonderful. Dinner was absolutely divine. We had a grilled sirloin steak, salad, and steamed vegetables (carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower). I had a small dish of green grapes for dessert.

My evening snack was a nectarine, some sliced chicken and some almonds. I actually feel quite full and satisfied right now. A big change from earlier this week.

We have sockeye salmon on the menu for tomorrow and some leftover steak to put on our lunch salad. This challenge is much easier when we have food in the house.

No comments: