Friday, September 11, 2009

Paleo Challenge: Day #5

Are we really only on Day #5? This is going to be a very long month and I am starting to seriously question my ability to do this. My husband and I ate different meals yesterday, which turns out to be a good thing, because he got ill last night - the kind of ill that requires way too much time in the restroom. Poor guy. We think it was food poisoning, but haven't traced it back to any one food that he ate.

Sleep: 8 Hours

So, this morning I started the day with breakfast and went off to teach a class. One of my fellow Math instructors is playing best man in a wedding this weekend and so I got to teach the first day of his class. The class went well and I felt fine through it all.

Breakfast:

1 Apple
Handful of Walnuts and Almonds

Lunch:

Some Turkey Breast (about 3 oz)
1 Banana
More Nuts

Snack #1:

1 Apple
1 Banana

Dinner:

Chicken Breast
Sauted Yellow and Green Peppers.
1 Apple
A few strawberries

Snack #2:
Frozen Strawberries
1 Banana
A few Walnuts


The WOD today was brutal. I took me over 48 minutes to finish. It was as follows:

800 m Run
25 Squat Cleans
50 Pull-ups
400 m Farmer's Walk
50 Pull-ups
25 Squat Cleans
800 m Run

The pull-ups killed me. I was doing them in sets of 1 and 2 by the end. The squat cleans probably would have killed me as well, but I was only lifting the bar instead of adding the extra weight to bring it to 65 lbs as was prescribed for women. My form isn't real great on cleans yet, so it was probably for the best.

Anyway, I am glad it is Friday and I am looking forward to going to the grocery store tomorrow since we are running low on food and the selection has been quite limited. I don't know how many more apples and bananas I can take.

No comments: